Manipal University, Manipal College of Health Professions announces Bachelor of Optometry Course 2024
MAHE B.Optom. Admission 2024 – Manipal Academic of Higher Education (MAHE), Karanatak invites applications for admission to 4 years inclusive of 1 year internship Bachelor of Optometry Course offered by the department Optometry Manipal College of Health Professions (MCHP) for the academic year 2024
Candidates can check details on Manipal Academic of Higher Education B.Optom Admission 2024 such as eligibility criteria, selection process, fee etc from the page below.
- The Bachelor of Optometry course is offered by the department of Optometry, MCHP with a state-of-the-art facility for basic and advanced optometry training. The department of Optometry was established in the year 2002
- The department is a member of ASCO (Association of Schools & Colleges of Optometry), India and WCO (World Optometry Council), UK. Accreditation to European Council of Optometry & Optics (ECOO) is in progress.
- Graduates of this program can find placements in traditional and non-traditional areas including:
- Tertiary eye care Hospitals
- Optical and Contact lens industries
- Private Practice
- Last date for receipt of duly filled application form 15th March 2024
- Commencement of classes July 2024
- 4 years inclusive of 1 year internship
- MAHE admits candidates under General or Foreign / NRI category, on fulfilling the eligibility requirements. All admissions are on the basis of merit. Foreign / NRI category seats are only available for foreign nationals / candidates with NRI status or those sponsored by relatives with NRI status
- Foreign / NRI category seats are NOT equivalent to payment / management / reserved seats
General Category Admissions
- MAHE admits Indian Nationals / Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) / Person of Indian Origin (PIO) under the general category, subject to eligibility and equivalency
- All admissions to UG & PG programs (other than those listed in the note below) under General Category, will be on a merit basis as specified in the Eligibility Criteria & Admission Process of the respective programs.
- Candidates seeking admissions to Under Graduate (UG) / Post Graduate (PG) / Super Specialty (SS) should have obtained their qualifications from a recognized Board / University
- For PG programs, the candidates MUST have a Bachelor’s degree of minimum 3 years’ duration from a recognized University as per program requirement. Candidates with Foreign qualifications must submit equivalency certificate from the Association of Indian Universities (AIU), New Delhi, as per program requirements
How to Apply?
- Candidates are requested to apply online. However, if the facility is not available one can apply offline.
- Candidates can apply online on the website https://manipal.edu/soahs-manipal/program-list/bco.html
- Then sign in using the application number and provided password to fill the online application. While applying candidate need to keep ready scanned photo and signature to upload(.jpg format only with maximum file size 200KB, 200 px x 200 px)
- Candidates need to download the offline application form, send the filled in form attaching the required documents with DD of Rs.600/- in favour of Sikkim Manipal University payable at Karntaka
- Candidates need to send by post to “Admission Officer, SMIMS, 5th Mile, Tadong, Karnataka
- Application Fee: Rs.600/- (for all courses)
- Entrance Test fee: Rs.1400/- (for selected courses only)
Foreign/NRI/NRI Sponsored Category
- Application Fee: Rs.2500/-
- Admission to the MBBS / BDS / MD / MS / MDS / DM / MCh courses will be on the basis of the rank obtained in the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) and counselling / allotment of seats by Directorate General of Health Services (DGHS), New Delhi