Centre for DNA Fingerprinting and Diagnostics Hyderabad announces Research Scholars Program-I 2024
CDFD Hyderabad Research Scholarship 2024 – CDFD invites applications from highly motivated candidates, willing to take up challenges in modern biology, for admissions to Research Scholars Program. Keeping in view the interdisciplinary nature of modern biology, we especially encourage persons from diverse backgrounds to apply.
Read on for more details on CDFD Hyderabad Research Scholarship 2024.
- The CDFD (Centre for DNA Fingerprinting and Diagnostics), Hyderabad, is a premier institute in the country, which provides services in DNA Fingerprinting and Diagnostics and conducts basic research in the frontier areas of modern biology.
- The current research themes include:
- Cell & Molecular Biology
- Computational Biology
- Disease Biology
- Last date for submitting online application: December 15, 2023
- Display of shortlist for interview – Last week of December, 2023
- Date(s) of Interview – Late January / early February, 2024 [Date(s): To be announced later
- To be eligible all the candidates must have Master’s degree in any branch of Science, Technology, or Agriculture from a recognized University/ Institute OR MBBS. Candidates who have appeared for their final semester examination, but are awaiting results, are also eligible to apply
- Qualified CSIR / UGC / DBT / ICMR / INSPIRE NET JRF / BINC / JEST / UGC – RGNF or any other similar examination with fellowship
- Candidates having qualified for the Project-JRF fellowship under the ICMR funded project Scheme/ [which is only for a period of two years] / DBT JRF NET with a B.Tech. [Biotechnology] degree /DBT JRF NET under DBT-B category list are NOT eligible to apply.
- Note that having a fellowship is not mandatory for applying and writing the test, BUT, only candidates with a valid fellowship will be shortlisted for interview.
- Candidates with LS-NET qualification only in CSIR-UGC (NET) examination need not apply.
How to Apply?
- Interested candidates who fulfill the above conditions may register their names for RESEARCH SCHOLARS PROGRAM-I 2024 by applying in the prescribed application form online http://cdfd.org.in/jrf/app_proc.html
- The link for the application form is available at our online portal.
- Please upload soft copies of certificates in support of date of birth, educational qualifications, reservation category (if applicable), and fellowship examination qualified. Please contact <[email protected]> for any queries.
- General – Rs. 500/-
- OBC Candidates – Rs. 250/-
- SC/ST/ PWD/ Women candidates: no fee
- Admission to CDFD-Research Scholars Program will be based on an interview via video conference, scheduled to be held in September 2024.
- The candidates should be available for more than one round of interviews, spread over three days, if needed.
- Subsequent to the interviews, applicants will be encouraged to contact CDFD faculty through email or phone to familiarize themselves with the research interests of the various faculty.