JNCASR PG and Research Program Admission 2023 – Jawaharlal Nehru Centre for Advanced Scientific Research (JNCASR), Bangalore invites application for admission to PG and Research Program for the academic session 2023.
- Research Programs [(Ph.D. / MS(Engg.) / MS(Research)]
- Master of Science (M.Sc) in Chemistry with the option to specialize in Materials Chemistry/Chemical Biology / Energy (Two-year program)
- Integrated PhD Programs
- Website opens for on-line submission of applications: 18th October 2023
- Last date for submission of applications online: 14th November 2023
For Ph.D. / M.S(Engg.) / M.S(Research)
- Candidates with an M Sc. or equivalent, B.E/B.Tech or equivalent or M.E/M. Tech or equivalent or B.VSc/M.VSc or MBBS/MD as applicable to individual Units as given in the table below are eligible to apply. They should have at least 55% in their highest University examination and should also have qualified in any one of the national exams: GATE/JEST/GPAT/UGC-JRF/CSIR-NETJRF/ICMR-JRF/DBT-JRF/INSPIRE-JRF. The award certificate of such a test should have the validity period for seeking admission to a research programme as on 1st August 2023. Qualifying in the national exam is desirable for ME/M.Tech or equivalent degree holders.
For MSc in Chemistry
- Applicants possessing a minimum of 55% marks at the Bachelor’s degree in any branch of Science with Chemistry as a major subject and who have qualified the Joint Admissions Test for Masters (JAM) 2023 are eligible to apply.
For Integrated PhD Programme
- Physical Science (Specialization in Materials): Students with a minimum of 55% marks at bachelor’s degree in any branch of Science/Engineering with an aptitude for advanced physics education and materials research.
- Candidacy will be evaluated on past academic records and/or scores in national level exams
- Chemical Science: Students with a minimum of 55% marks at bachelor’s degree in any branch of Science with Chemistry as a major and mathematics as a subject at least up to PUC (10+2 level) and who have qualified the JAM 2023 are eligible to apply.
- Biological Science: Students with a minimum of 55% marks in bachelor’s or equivalent degree in Physical, Chemical or Biological Science (including Biotechnology, Pharmaceutical, Veterinary Sciences and Agricultural Sciences) or B.E/B. Tech degree or equivalent degree.
- Candidates who have qualified the JAM 2023 written test are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply?
- Interested candidates can apply through https://www.jncasr.ac.in/admission/admissions
- SC/ST/PwD/EWS/Minorities/Women candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Application Fee: Rs.500/-
- Mode of Payment: Online through net-banking, debit card/credit card etc
- Selection will be based on the performance in the interview.
- All the regular students [except Master of Science (M.Sc) in Chemistry] joining JNCASR are eligible for a scholarship from JNCASR/ CSIR / UGC/ ICMR / DBT /INSPIRE depending upon their mode of entry.