Ministry of Railways notifies Prime Minister’s Scholarship Scheme for RPF/RPSF 2023
Prime Minister’s Scholarship Scheme for RPF/RPSF 2023 – The Ministry of Railways, Government of India is offering Prime Minister’s Scholarship Scheme for RPF/RPSF 2023-24 for the wards/widows of ex-RPF/RPSF personnel. The selected candidates shall receive a scholarship of up to INR 2,250 per month.
Prime Minister’s Scholarship Scheme for RPF/RPSF
- Prime Minister’s Scholarship Scheme (PMSS) was announced by the then Hon’ble Prime Minister of India in his address to the nation from the historic Red Fort on 15th August 2005. Prime Minister’s Scholarship Scheme was introduced from the Academic year 2008-09 for RPF
- It was introduced to encourage higher technical and professional education for the dependent wards of Ex/Serving RPF/RPSF personnel and widows (below the Rank of Gazetted officer).
- The Ministry of Railways under Government of India is offering this scholarship.
- Application Start Date: 31st December 2023
- Scheme Closing Date Open till : Not Available
- Defective Verification Open till : Opening Soon
- Institute Verification Open till : Opening Soon
- To be eligible, an applicant must:
- Be a dependent ward of ex-RPF/RPSF personnel or widow
- Have secured 60% and above marks in Minimum Educational Qualification (MEQ) i.e. class 12, Diploma/Graduation
- Be pursuing a professional or technical degree course (B.E, B.Tech, MBBS, MCA, BCA, B.Pharma, B.Ed, BBS, BCA, MCA, B. Pharma, etc) recognized by respective government authorities like AICTE, MCI, UGC, NCTE, etc.
- Note: Only two wards per family can receive benefits under this scholarship and they should be ensured by the beneficiaries as well as by the concerned zonal railways/RPSF.
No. of Scholarship
- A total number of 150 students have been earmarked to RPF for an academic session
- It is also mentioned that un-allocated quota in any gender may not be utilized for other category (boys/girls)
Amount of Scholarship
- The amount of the scholarship would be as follows:
- INR 2,000 per month for male students
- INR 2,250 per month for female students
- Note: The payment of scholarship will be granted after the approval of the DG/RPF as per the order of merit in each year.
How to Apply?
- From the academic year 2023-24 onwards, the PMSS for RPF (Ministry of Railways) will be implemented through National Scholarship Portal (NSP)
- All the eligible applicants need to apply online on the website gov.in
Steps to Apply
- Step 1 – Click on the ‘Apply Now’ button below
- Step 2 – Read the guidelines carefully, select the undertaking, and ‘Continue’
- Step 3 – Select the state of domicile, scholarship category, scheme type (scholarship scheme), gender; write the applicant’s name, date of birth, mobile number, email ID
- Step 4 – Provide the bank details (Bank name, IFSC Code, Account Number)
- Step 5 – Fill in Aadhaar or Bank Account Number as identification detail and click on the ‘Register’ button
- Step 6 – The mobile number will be verified and an OTP will be generated
- Step 7 – Now, log in using OTP and fill the form
- Step 8 – An application ID and password will be generated. Use that for future references.
- Note – All the applicants are advised to fill the form correctly; no changes can be made once submitted. The applicants are also advised to fill only one application as multiple applications will lead to the cancellation of the form.
- Following documents shall be uploaded while applying for the scholarship online:
- Service Certificate issued by respective offices of the serving personnel for category 4.
- A copy of the PPO/discharge certificate/book for Categories 1, 2, and 3
- Duly attested scanned copy of the mark-sheet/Grade card of 10+2/ diploma/graduation