University of Bonn SDG Fellowships 2023 for International Researchers
University of Bonn SDG Fellowships 2023 – Applications are invited from qualified international researchers for the University of Bonn SDG Fellowships aimed at funding post-doctoral scientists in all areas of specialization that conduct research primarily on a topic addressed in the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
Bonn SDG Fellowships 2023
- The fellowship entails that the scientists will research and teach at the University of Bonn for one or two semesters and will receive funding for a period not more than 12 months
- Applicants must demonstrate proven expertise in an area of research from the thematic spectrum of SDGs. Interested applicants are encouraged to apply for the fellowship.
- Fellowship Sponsor(s): University of Bonn
- Fellowship to be taken in: University of Bonn
- To be eligible for the University of Bonn SDG Fellowships 2023:
- Applicants must be post-doctoral scientists with foreign citizenship who research or teach at a university or research institute in Africa, Asia and South America.
- Applicants must demonstrate proven expertise in an area of research from the thematic spectrum of the SDGs.
- Applicants must be ready to abide by the guidelines governing the conducts of fellows at the University of Bonn.
- A travel allowance
- A scholarship of €3,000 per month (additional funds for family members: up to €300 for a spouse and €250 per child).
- A research expense allowance of up to €500 per month
- The quality of the research project to be worked on during the stay in Bonn
- Work on a topic that contributes to the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) as set forth by the United Nations in its Agenda 2030 for Sustainable Development.
- Relevance of the research topic to developments in the region of origin
- The fellow’s contribution to academic life in Bonn (e.g. via public lectures, seminars or colloquiums).
- The fellow’s integration into the host institute (place of work, integration into existing teaching and research activities).
- Follow-on value: a plan for future collaboration projects between the fellow and the host institute in Bonn.
How to Apply?
- Application should include:
- Project description (PDF of max. 8 pages), consisting of:
- An outline of the research project to be worked on during the fellow’s stay in Bonn.
- Reasons for the fellow’s invitation and a description of his or her contribution to research and teaching at the University of Bonn, an outline of the activities through which the fellow will enrich university life at the University of Bonn during his or her stay there.
- An overview of the collaboration between the applicant and the fellow so far.
- An outline of the integration of the fellow into the host institute (place of work, participation in teaching and research activities).
- An outline of follow-on value: (a) plan for the outcome of the stay, (b) plan for growing the collaboration in the future.