ONGC Scholarship 2023-24 – Merit Scholarship for SC/ST/OBC/General Students
Online applications are invited by the ONGC Foundation for the ONGC Scholarship Scheme for students pursuing Professional Courses in Engineering, MBBS, Master Degree in MBA, Geology, Geophysics for the year 2023-24
ONGC scholarship scheme for students is an exclusive scholarship opportunity for students belonging to SC / ST / OBC / General category who are studying in the 1st year of Engineering, MBBS, MBA or Master in Geophysics / Geology courses for the year 2023-24
- Application for the ONGC Scholarship Scheme for students to be submitted from 16th October to 30th November 2023
- The aim of ONGC Scholarship Scheme is to provide financial support to the meritorious students belonging to the marginalized sections of the society
- Selected 1000 SC / ST students, 500 OBC students, 500 General Category will receive a scholarship of Rs 48,000 each on an annual basis to enable them to complete their education.
- The ONGC Scholarship Scheme is admissible only for pursuing full time Engineering, MBBS, MBA or Master in Geophysics / Geology regular courses by AICTE / MCI / UGC / Association of Indian Universities / State Education Boards/State Govt. /Central Government, Have secured a minimum 60% marks in class 12 for Engineering/MBBS course and a minimum of 60% marks in graduation for PG courses in Geoscience/MBA, Annual family income should be less than Rs 4.5 Lakh, they should not be more than 30 years of age as on 16th October 2023
- Selected 1000 SC / ST students, 500 OBC students, 500 General Category will receive a scholarship of Rs 48,000 each on an annual basis to enable them to complete their education, the amount shall be paid on yearly basis after completion of the academic year
Conditions for Continuation
- Students need to maintain a minimum of 60% or 6 grade points out of 10 in each year’s semester exam to ensure the continuation of the scholarship, Students must ensure they provide the active bank account details which should not likely to be changed later after selection
- The documents required to apply are Caste Certificate, Birth Certificate/Class 10 Marks Card as proof of age, Class 12 marks card in case of Engineering / MBBS students, Consolidated Graduation Marks Card t in case of MBA / Master’s in Geology / Geophysics, Income certificate of the family, Bank details of the applicant in the ECS form attested by the bank as prescribed, PAN card or the tentative date for submission of PAN card copy (in case it is not available), College / Institution Id, Admission receipt, Undertaking
How to Apply?
- Interested and Eligible students to submit the online application
- Complete application with all the supporting documents as mentioned in the application form duly certified and attested by their Head / Principal / Dean of the Institute / College /University need to be uploaded and the hard copies, should be submitted to the designated office of ONGC as per the details given in application Format.
- Selection of candidate for the ONGC Scholarship Scheme will be made on the basis of aggregate marks obtained in the qualifying exam prescribed for each eligible course of study
- In case of students having equal marks in the qualifying examination students with lower family income will be selected. Preference shall be given to students from below poverty line (BPL) families