Orissa Maritime Academy Pre-Sea Course Batch (Jan – Jun) 2024
Orissa Maritime Academy Pre-Sea Training Course 2024 – Orissa Maritime Academy invites application from eligible candidates for admission to Pre-Sea General Purpose Rating Training Course for the academic year 2024
Interested candidates can check all the details of Orissa Maritime University Admission 2024 like application forms, eligibility criteria, counselling procedure etc from this page give below.
- Last date of receipt of application is 20th October 2023
- The Selection List for interview will be put up at the website in First week of May 2024.
Aim & Objective
- To procedure a new generation of seamen who are educated, trained, skilled and disciplined and capable of taking up challenges brought in by modern technological advances inboard Merchant Ships
- To provide training as per International Standard, instil spirit of adventure so as to enable the trainees to withstand the stress and strain of sea voyage and to develop national integrity
- Pre-Sea General Purpose Rating Training
- 06 (Six) months, compulsory residential
- Academic standards 10th standard pass from government recognized board with subjects English, Mathematics & science with 40% aggregate English 40%
- In 10th /12th or 12th standard (any stream) pass from government recognized board with 40% aggregate. English 40% at 10th or 12th but with subjects English, Mathematics & Science at 10th .or pass in 2 year ITI course(Fitter / Machinist / Mechanic / Welder / Turner) approved by DVET / NCVT, with minimum 40% aggregate marks in final year of ITI & minimum 40% aggregate marks in final year of ITI & minimum 40% in English in 10th / 12th.
- Minimum age 17½ years and maximum age 25 years on the date of commencement of course; 01st July 2024 Institutes shall comply with DGS Order No. 4 of 2014, 5 years extra for relaxation in upper age limit belonging to SC/ST Candidates
- For Degree or Diploma Course holders maximum age limit is 27 years
- The intake capacity of the Academy is 40 (forty) per batch. The training commences on 1st Jan 2024.
- The short listed (eligible) candidates will be called to the Academy for selection. The selection list will be put in academy website.
- In the selection procedure, the candidate has to undergo a medical test.
- Physical standards as per M.S. (Medical Examination for seafarers) Rules 2000 & Rules, 2016 as amended from time to time are essential.
- Course fees – Rs.1, 25, 000/- (Rupees One Lakh Twenty-five Thousand) only (for Odiya), Rs.1, 45, 000/-(Rupees One Lakh Forty-five Thousand) only (for Non-odiya) students inclusive of lodging, boarding, tuition & examination fees.
How to Apply?
- Application form and Prospectus can be downloaded from www.odishamaritime.com
- The filled application can be submitted with requisite documents as mentioned in the form along with a DD of Rs. 500/- drawn in favour of ‘Odisha Maritime Academy’, payable at Paradip.
- Contact: Orissa Maritime Academy, At/Po Paradip, Jagatsinghpur District, Odisha-754142. Telephone: (06722) 223204, (Admission Officer), e-mail: [email protected]