Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Palakkad notifies PhD and MS (Research) Admission 2024 (July Session)
IIT Palakkad PhD and MS Research Admission 2024 – Indian Institute of Technology Palakkad (IITPKD) invites applications for admission to the M.S. (Research) and PhD Programs for the academic session beginning in July 2024
- Advertisement to Appear: 10 October 2023
- Application Portal Opens: 10 October 2023
- Last date for submission of application online: 31 October 2023
- Shortlist to appear On or before: 20 November 2023
- Interview Dates Between 11 December 2023 – 16 December 2023 (Online interviews may be conducted earlier, from 27th November)
- Selection list to appear: 23 December 2023
- Date of Admission: To be announced
Departments/Centres and Research Areas at IIT Palakkad
- Biological Sciences and Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Data Science
- Electrical Engineering
- Humanities and Social Sciences
- Mechanical Engineering
- Environmental Sciences & Sustainable Engineering Centre (ESSENCE)
PhD Programs for 2024 Jan Session
- PhD Physics
- PhD Biological Sciences & Engineering
- PhD Humanities and Social Sciences
- PhD Electrical Engineering
- PhD Chemistry
- PhD Civil Engineering
- PhD Computer Science and Engineering
- PhD Mechanical Engineering
- PhD Mathematics
- PhD Data Science
- PhD Environmental Sciences & Sustainable Engineering
Eligibility for Doctoral Program
- The minimum educational qualifications for admission to the Ph.D. program of the Institute are as follows:
Ph.D. in Engineering
- Candidates with a Master’s degree in Engineering/Technology with a good academic record or a Master’s degree by Research in Engineering/Technology with a good academic record.
- Candidates with Master’s degree in Sciences with a good academic record and of exceptional merit are eligible for the relevant Engineering discipline. They should have a valid GATE score or UGC/CSIR-NET/NBHM or equivalent qualification
- Candidates who have qualified for the award of Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology from a Centrally Funded Technical Institute (CFTI) with an exceptionally good academic record in an eligible discipline will be considered for direct admission to Ph.D. provided he/she has a minimum CGPA of 8/10 (7.5/10 for OBC-NCL and 7/10 for SC/ST/PwD candidates).
Ph.D. In Sciences
- Master’s degree in Sciences with a good academic record and having a valid GATE score or UGC/CSIR-NET/NBHM or equivalent qualification tenable for the current year in the relevant area. Master’s degree holders in Engineering/Technology are also eligible.
- Candidates who have qualified for the award of Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology from a Centrally Funded Technical Institute (CFTI) 1 with an exceptionally good academic record in an eligible discipline will be considered for direct admission to Ph.D. in Sciences provided he/she has a minimum CGPA of 8/10 (7.5/10 for OBC-NCL and 7/10 for SC/ST/PwD candidates).
Ph.D. in Humanities and Social Sciences
- Master’s degree in an eligible discipline with first class or equivalent (in terms of grades, etc.) and having a valid UGC-NET qualification tenable for the current year in the relevant area.
Eligibility for M.S.(Research) Program
- The minimum educational qualifications for admission to the M.S. by research degree are as follows:
- Candidates with a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology/Master‟s degree in Science with valid GATE score.
- Candidates having Associate Membership of the following professional bodies are also eligible for admission to the M.S. programme of their parent discipline provided they have a valid GATE score and have passed both part A and part B of the Membership examinations with a good academic record.
- Engineering graduates from IITs and other Centrally Funded Technical Institutes (CFTI) with a minimum CGPA of 8/10 (7.5/10 for OBC-NCL and 7/10 for SC/ST/PwD candidates) are eligible for seeking admission, without GATE score, to the MS Programme and they can be offered HTRA, if selected.
How to Apply?
- Eligible candidates can apply online through the official website iitpkd.ac.in. and https://resap.iitpkd.ac.in/
- Online application form is available at the Institute website iitpkd.ac.in. After filling the form, please take a printout and keep it for records.
- A valid OBC-NCL /EWS certificate must be uploaded with the Online application and submitted at the time of admission
- Candidates called for an interview must bring with them a printed copy of the application that they submitted online along with originals and photocopies of the relevant certificates.
- Candidates are advised Please read the instructions given in the admission brochure carefully before filling up the application form are available in the University website
- For GN/OBC-NCL/EWS Male Candidates – Rs.100/-
- For GN/OBC-NCL/EWS Female Candidates – Rs.50/-
- For SC/ST and PwD candidates – Rs.50/-
- Mode of Payment – Online through Debit Card / Credit Card / ATM cards / Online Banking
- Eligible candidates possessing the minimum educational qualifications and satisfying additional and stiffer criteria set from time to time, will be called for an interview and/or test by the Selection Committee.
- For candidates who have obtained a PG degree 10 years earlier as on the last date prescribed for receipt of the completed application, a departmental test will be conducted.
- The applications of foreign nationals may be considered without a personal interview / test.
- Based on the academic record and the performance of the candidates in the interview and/or test, the Selection Committee will recommend to the Chairman, Senate the names of candidates found suitable for admission.
- For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website